Tuesday, July 2, 2019

The Journey After

It been one day, since I lost my friend and companion, Dystinee. I will not start by misleading you she was a dog, the most incredible I have ever known. I was her owner so I may be a little biased. I got Dystinee on Sept 11 2003. I was going to the bank and while walking in one of the tellers that I recognized from bank was out front with a truck and in the bed were about 9 or 10 puppies. I had no plans to get a puppy that day but my wife and I walked over and out of the litter one stood out. She walked over to us and we went to pick her up, and with all the excitement in being picked up she pee'd all over the tailgate. I am not sure why that triggered anything but it did, and the next thing I know we are driving home with a brand new puppy.

What made this all the more incredible was that my Wife was actually scared of dogs. We were never able to pin it to anything in her childhood that happened, she was just afraid of dogs. But she wanted to try and get over this. So as you can imagine here we are with this tiny little puppy and she is scared of this thing.

We took her home and she became the friend, and companion for the next almost 16 years that I never knew that I needed. On July 1 2019 we had to say goodbye. I have had dogs in the past but nothing has prepared me the utter and total loss that I feel now. I piece of me is gone and I am not sure I will ever be able to recover it. I decided to write this blog as a way to maybe come to terms with what has happen and the loss that I feel. And so that maybe through my post other may come to know what an incredible dog Dystinee was.

So now I am left to face a new Journey, one in which I feel completely and totally unprepared for, scared and without my friend and companion beside me. I know what you are thinking, what about my wife, She is heartbroken to lost and alone. In this we are lucky to have one another. But we are both trying to learn how to begin again.

Dystinee was been a fixture and Hugh presence in our lives, she has been with us in buying a new home and to be honest we got her only three months after being married. Our home that we once share with our beloved friend is now empty without her, With it being only one day we have yet to move anything that she had. Her beds and toys still lay where she left them, and now in the living room where she once laid with us as we watched TV and hung out, her collar now rest above her bed.

I am not sure were to go from here, I know that I have no chose but to move on without her. But I have to say that, I am not really now looking forward to this journey after.


A few pictures of Dystinee...





No comments:

Post a Comment