Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Day 1

I really haven't had a full 24 hours to deal with all that I am trying to process right now. Dystinee has only been gone for about 18 hours or so at this point. So I am not sure that I can call this day one. But I have just gotten up so we will.

She was 15 years old and about 60 pounds to begin with so she was a rather old dog. She had begin to show signs about a year a go of spinal issue. Her back legs were showing sign of weakness and the Vet had told us, that this issue in larger dogs it normally a sign of spinal issue. Not much that can be done at her age or any age really.

At first there were no real issue she was still playing and bouncing around like normal. Being that she was pushing 15 at the time she was starting to slow down and dealing with some arthritis in her joint, The vet put her on pain medication that would help and it did she although still a little slow, was back to jumping and bouncing around.

However I now find myself having to change my daily routines, normally with her age I would have to take her out through out the night. I have been third shift all my adult life so I am normally up at night. but throughout the night she would get up from the bedroom, she would normally sleep at night in the room with my wife. But she would gt up and come out into the kitchen to get water and she would then walk over to my office and look in on me.


I am not on third today as I had to deal with this loss yesterday but I am up early and already there is not Dystinee looking to go out, And there is no good girl with me while I lay in the living room to watch TV at nights.

Right now I found myself missing the small things


Like looking down and seeing her laying in her bed and then looking back as me. 16 years and now I find myself totally lost and feeling so unconformable in these new routines. The lack of needing to take care of her anymore. And life seems a little less filled without her here.


I will take this one step at a time until I find my footing.

No comments:

Post a Comment