Thursday, July 4, 2019

Day 3

Today I have found myself thinking of the good times that we had. Dystinee was a special soul, one that could light up a room by just walking into it. Other the past three days I have found myself still trying to come to terms with the new reality that I found myself in. Looking at her water and food bowls and her now empty beds, I still find myself thinking that she will be home soon. And then the cold reality hits me that she will never be with us again.

We are having her cremated remains returned to us and it is my hope that with that we will at least feel a little better know that she is in a way back home.

I still battle with random crying and I believe that it will be that way for sometime to come. But I have to keep telling myself that it was the journey with her that mattered and not the destination that we arrived at. I will forever love my sweet girl and will carry the memory of her always.

No comments:

Post a Comment